COURSE CONTENT AND CURRICULUM
Permaculture is a holistic system of design that covers all aspects of life once you really get into it. That is why when you start to learn about permaculture the themes and design processes enable you to see life from a completely new perspective, where everything is integrated and mutually supportive, cooperative and potentials and choices you never knew existed become possible.
The learning process is based on Permaculture principles and makes use of a wide range of group-based and creative accelerated-learning methods.
We teach the various aspects of the course based on spiral learning, meaning we cover each subject in many ways, starting with theoretical and concept presentations followed by exploring each subject by interaction, research, observation of existing systems, tours, practical work, implementation of systems, design practice on many levels, collective group work, presentations by students, discussion, movies and audiovisuals, guest presenters and much more…
You will learn all about permaculture, its concept, ethics, principles and basic design processes.
- Basic and simple design of urban homesteads, small self-reliant farms, the homestead aspect of larger farms.
- Retrofit your home into a beautiful, dynamic, self-regulating human life support system that mimics ecosystem processes.
- Development of integrated systems management and assessment tools to bring disparate and non-communicating elements of any environment together into organic processes that self-replicate and evolve.
- Discover how to turn problems into solutions and become a solutions-based thinker.
- Learn about basic climate, topographical and ecological systems and how enhance them in your design.
- Design food security systems that will provide healthy diversity of, vital immune boosting nourishing food with a surplus to trade.
- Design your home into energy efficiency, cutting electricity costs, learn how to design for self-reliance in electricity so you are not subject to the years of load shedding ahead of us.
- Design your home from a water draining into water harvesting landscape to ensure water self-reliance as mainstream water supply systems become more expensive, unreliable and collapse due to neglect and poor planning.
- Learn how to mitigate the harsh elements of your local climate and other external forces bearing upon your property by designing micro-climates, buffers and deflectors that increase the quality of your life at home.
- Learn how to build healthy garden soils through a range of different ecosystemic approaches to building the mineral cycle on your property.
- Learn how to integrate animals in an appropriate way into your systems to support soil health, pest control and vegetation management to reduce your work and increase the effectiveness of your cultivated ecosystem.
- Learn to live a healthy and vital lifestyle embedded in the huge diversity of resources and services provide by the natural order. Permaculture is biological in nature and embedded in the organic realm and we can use this value stream that is unlimited and all around us to live a high quality life.
- Learn how to design for integrated rather than segregated lifestyles. Now more than ever it is critical to get together, form community bonds that share resources, ideas, skills and knowledge to collectively stand up to and transcend the current deliberate destruction of our society by Globalist Agendas. You cannot transcend and beat the System if you are dependent on it for your livelihood and security of person. Only those that are no longer dependent on the Establishment for the essentials of their lives will truly be able to survive and thrive into the uncertain future indefinitely.
Learn how to do this and so much more towards designing and manifesting a resilient and abundant life for you, your family and community.
The basic sequential layout of the Course content that we will cover over 5 days
Introduction to Permaculture
- Permaculture Concept
- Permaculture Ethics
- Applied Permaculture Principles
Ecosystem Understanding and Observation
- Site Observation
- Application of Pattern Language in Design
- The 4 Ecosystem Processes, understanding how natural ecosystems work.
- Climate Patterns, understand your local climate.
- Land Shape and Keyline Classification of landforms, understand your home’s topographical context.
- Plant Ecosystems, identify your local biome
Basic Permaculture Design Processes
- Observation and Design as distinct phases
- Efficient Energy Planning & Zones
- Sector Analysis
- Design Analysis
Themes in Design Water
- The Principles of Designing for Water Abundance
- Catchment and Storage of water from hard surfaces.
- Water Recycling
- Regenerative Water Harvesting Earthworks and Infrastructures
- Irrigation Systems
- How to Survey and build a Swale.
Soils and how to increase soil health and vitality Plant Systems
- The Living Soil
- Regenerative Soil Building Principles
- Composting Systems Design
- Compost Toilet Design
- Animals as an agent of soil health
- Effective Microorganisms
- Worm Farms
- Chicken Tractors
The Design of Cultivated Plant Ecosystems
- The Function of Plants in Permaculture Systems
- How to design plant production systems for different climate zones
- How to design small scale intensive food production systems.
- Vegetable garden design
- How to design a Food Forest
- Shelterbelts, Barrier Systems and Fedges
House Design and Off-Grid Energy Systems
- Principles of Regenerative Buildings
- Buildings as Energy and Resource Harvesting and Exchange Systems
- Design for Dryland Climates
- Design for Temperate Humid Climates
- Design for Tropical Humid Climates
- How to make your house energy efficient.
- Appropriate off-grid energy Systems for your Context.